[Gllug] OT: Merging UPS outputs

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 22:59:19 UTC 2005

Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> writes:

> On Wednesday 17 Aug 2005 19:14, Ken Smith wrote:
>> Even though I'm a C.Eng and MIEE I'm not allowed to do wiring under
>> the new regs. A bit daft...
>
> I know, I'm half way through rewiring my house and have had to stop -
> all the stage electrics certificates in the world don't seem to be
> worth a C&G right now.

Having recently happily cut through some live wiring with a pair of
insulated pliers (thank the Penguin) and having seen the horror story
collection, and mains wiring being a safety-critical kind of thing, I'm
inclined to be happy about the new regs.

You *can* do your own wiring, but it has to be *checked* by a certified
person before use.

And there *is* a category of things you can do that are safe, useful and
don't need to be checked.

To me, it looks like pair-programming for engineers - boy, will they
scream about it...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml