[Gllug] How to start a carrer in Linux Admin ?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 12:26:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 01:20:13PM +0100, wendy carr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks very much for your comments. I appreciate them.
> It was a good insight to what other system admins like
> you guys think of. I am thinking of migrating as the
> last resort.
> I have Solaris 10 and Fedora 4, windows 2003 Server on
> my laptop with oracle 10g , but i cant put that in CV,
> can i? I feel useless to try these things anymore.

Well, it depends on what you do with them.
If you play games & do a little word processing/.... then perhaps not,
but you can do things like: play with the firewall, recompile the
kernel, install stuff that isn't part of the distribution, run up
oracle -- use it for something, ...

If nothing else you will be better placed to do more interesting stuff
at whatever jobs you do get -- and those will carry more weight.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>