[Gllug] Tools to design a web site

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 22 21:33:55 UTC 2005

>     NVU looks good, Netscape Composer with bells on which is basically
> what I was looking for, also being Gecko based means at least in theory
> extensions will add many extra features.... Bluefish etc are more like
> structured editors, I can do that with VI... ;(

In my experience a fancy html editor is not going to make designing a
website much quicker because the thing that takes the time when it comes
to visual design is the CSS. If your html is very complicated then
probably something's wrong.

The most useful software I've come across for CSS is Firefox's web
developer extensions. Also a text editor - emacs has css-mode and the
very nice nxml-mode. And pencil and paper :)

I find these useful:
www.evolt.org
www.browsercam.com
www.quirksmode.org