[Gllug] OT : very hi bandwidth hosting

Benedikt Heinen gllug at ml.icemark.net
Sat Aug 13 19:48:12 UTC 2005

If you're able to read German, have a look at

 	http://www.ipx-server.de/

I'm hosting two machines there, and I'm happy with their service (and
connectivity).

The prices are fair (starting at ~£60/month for a "flat rate", i.e.
uncapped, 100MBit/s dedicated colo server).

But - their website and contracts are in German only; though their tech
support (for later) also speaks English, so if you had a problem, language
won't add to it... ;-)

They also have "capped" servers, which are a bit cheaper initially (up to
the first 50GB or so, and then charge ~£0.20/GB above that...  But if
you're looking at high transfer, the flat rate ones are probably better.

Re hardware issues, I've had a disk failure a while back, and they had the
machine fixed ~10 hours after I reported it (damage reported at around
1:30am).

> - I don't care about the physical location

The servers would be located in Germany.

> - I don't want to deal with hardware issues, so

No need to - although, if you report a hardware problem, they investigate
it, and there wouldn't be a hardware problem, they would charge you for
the investigation time (~£30; depends on the time they took).

> - full hardware support (box, hd, ram, quick replacement on failure)
> - quite happy to deal with commodity hardware configurations
> - 100M/bit+ net connection on each machine
> - linux compatible.

They offer Suse 9.x or Debian  (or W2003).

As I said, I have two servers there, one running for about 18 months, the
other for about a year. Both are working fine - and I didn't have any
problems with connectivity. Their helpdesk is very friendly and quick to
respond.

   Benedikt
   (just a happy customer of theirs)

--