[Gllug] "Open source has its own problems" - article in Computing

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Aug 11 16:06:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, David Damerell spake:
> On Thursday, 4 Aug 2005, Ian Northeast wrote:
>>I've finished Nethack twice (without cheating). Does this mean I play it
>>too much or just that I'm good at it? :)
>
> Nineteen, but then I do play too much.

Aha! Someone who has a clue how to play and some actual skill!

Answer me this: How the *hell* do you avoid running out of food? I seem
to starve in no time flat (unless I hack the code to reduce the rate of
energy consumption, but that's cheating).

(I admit it, I'm crap at computer games. All of them. Even Nethack,
which as it doesn't require good coordination I once had hopes I'd not
be unimaginably bad at. I don't think I've ever successfully finished
*anything* except for Zork I/II/III and hitchhiker's, and *that*
was so long ago that the Commodore 64 was a new machine.)

--
`Tor employs several thousand editors who they keep in dank
 subterranean editing facilities not unlike Moria' -- James Nicoll
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk