[Gllug] Nethack, was "Open source has its own problems"

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 20:06:29 UTC 2005

David Damerell wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 Aug 2005, Ian Northeast wrote:

>>A piece of trivia regarding Nethack: I pick my race and class, but leave
>>gender to chance. The top 9 entries in my score file are female. So is
>>being female an advantage?

> If you polyself you are much more likely to end up as a female
> oviparous monster. Also Valkyries are always female and one of the
> easiest classes to play.

I don't use poly self and only 3 out of the 9 are Valkyries. #1 is a
female Ranger.

Valkyries are IMO the easiest to play, certainly to get going properly.
My first ascension was a Valkyrie, but since then I've not played as one.

Having only female Valkyries is a bit inconsistent IMO. OK, they were
all female, but you can have female Knights and Samurai..

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk