[Gllug] Unattended backup solution

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 14 11:23:01 UTC 2005

On Sun 14 Aug, Russell Howe wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 09:07:11AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

> > especially with the standard power lead giving variable volts loss.
>
> What do you mean? How do the electrical characteristics of the power
> supply affect hotpluggability?

   I have had problems on more than one occasion where the standard 4 pin
power lead from the PSU has failed to make good contact, so the volts
arriving at the drive varied, causing data corruption and loss. There is
also an increased risk associated with daisy-chained power leads where
insufficient outlets are supplied from the supplied PSU.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk