[Gllug] [OT] Content Management Systems

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon Aug 8 19:26:39 UTC 2005

Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a decent Content Management System?
>
> My hosting company allows PHP and I have dabbled with Nuke before.
> I am using a version of phpBB which has some minor content management
> but nothing spectacular.
>
> Just wondered if anyone knew the virtues of any of the others.

If you want a 'portal' then Plone is very good.  Most bog-standard
hosters won't touch it though since it runs on Zope rather than PHP.
Zope has it's issues, but Plone is very good for the most part.

To be honest "Content Management System" is such a generic term it could
cover almost anything, and you really need to be clear about what you
actually need/want.

Cheers,

Doug.

--
http://adju.st/
XML is not the answer.  It is not even the question.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk