[Gllug] [OT] Content Management Systems

Branden Faulls bfaulls at omphe.com
Thu Aug 4 18:41:28 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 08:57, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a decent Content Management System?
>
> My hosting company allows PHP and I have dabbled with Nuke before.
> I am using a version of phpBB which has some minor content management
> but nothing spectacular.

I'm learning Mambo at the moment and it seems to be quite powerful and
versatile once you get past the initial frustration.  Having built a few CMS
systems, for my sins, from small and simple to enterprise juggernauts, Mambo
has just about everything you could want.

Mambo:  http://www.mamboserver.com/

If you are willing to dabble with Perl::Mason, then Bricolage is a very
powerful system that you could install at home and publish your content to
your web host.  YMMV considering that it involves Perl and can be a bit like
opening a tin of sardines with a bazooka.  Nonetheless, quality.

Bricolage:  http://www.bricolage.cc/
--
Branden Faulls

  email: bfaulls at omphe.com