[Gllug] Consultancy Question

Peter Grandi pg_gllug at gllug.for.sabi.co.UK
Thu Aug 11 15:22:42 UTC 2005

>>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:11:28 -0700, Paul Kathro
>>> <Paul at Kathro.com> said:

Paul> Hi guys, I have been asked to analyse a small network and
Paul> create a reliable backup system and security setup for it.
Paul> Having never done consultancy work before I was wondering
Paul> if you guys had any idea what I should charge. [ ... ]

As a basis for charging, investigate what is the ''going rate'',
there are a few examples by doing web searches. A reasonable
place where to start is the second half of this page:

  http://WWW.JobStats.co.UK/jobstats.d/Rates.html

Then the total bill will depend on circumstances, whether it is
time based or fixed fee, how long the assignment is, ...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk