[Gllug] Upgrading from RH 9

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Aug 31 10:58:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 10:58 +0100, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> I'm considering the upgrade from RH 9 to RH Enterprise, but
> have read it isn't an upgrade, it's a new install.

Depends if you are talking about RH3 or RH4 :-)

You can get updates for RH9 from fedoralegacy.org
We do it for customers who still have Redhat systems.
Install the yum from fedoralegacy, and away you go.

But you are quite correct to be considering an upgrade -
hopefully to a 2.6 based distro!

> Has anyone had problems with this?  Is it time to ditch RH
> and go for Fedora?

No. Enterprise and Fedora are two different beasts.
Don't have time to write at length about it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk