[Gllug] FTP downloaded SUSE 9.3 to hdd - won't install over nfs..

Croker, Grant Grant.Croker at ca.com
Mon Aug 8 12:59:11 UTC 2005

> > Are you trying to upgrade from within YaST or from the boot.iso (in
> > 9.3/boot)?
>
> Sorry, should have made that clear - from the boot.iso suitably burned
> to plastic...
>
> I wish I understood what you meant by "mount a loopback device" but
> that's missed me entirely! YAST gives a hard disk install option for a
> local disk, but I've never been able to make that work, but did manage
> to get suse 9.1 to play via download for nfs installs (got a dvd for
9.2
> which I must get back to the original owner...).

my turn to be clear as mud... mounting as a loopback refers to the
ability to mount ISO images via a loopback interface, saves you having
to burn a CD to get at its content. See
http://thomer.com/howtos/mount_loopback.html for an example.

To the main topic - have you tried to upgrade the machine directly via
the web rather than using a local source?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk