[Gllug] Freecom DVB-T USB stick

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Aug 5 15:17:51 UTC 2005

On 5/8/2005, "John Winters" <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:

>Interesting.  If you change country you can get a price in GBP too - 60
>GBP.

~50 on Aria, but they're out of stock...

>Presumably you need a USB 2.0 interface to use one of these things.  How
>fast is USB 2.0?  A DVB-T stream is about 2 mbit - how does that compare
>with the capabilities of USB?

Well I'm not so sure about that, and that was actually the question I
wanted to ask...  The references aren't very clear that it _won't_
work with USB 1.0.  USB 1.0 theoretically has enough bandwidth (12 Mbit).

I can't imagine the USB device does any demultiplexing to reduce the
bandwidth requirements.  That would require some smarts that I doubt it
has...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk