[Gllug] Memory Leak Detecting

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Sun Aug 28 04:21:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 09:51:10PM +0100, Peter Childs wrote:
>     Does anyone know of any good tools for finding memory leaks other
> than running it through Valgrind multiple times trying to follow as many
> avenues as possible. I'm really lookin for some sort of Parser. As I
> have quite a lot off C++/Qt code I know has leaks and I would really
> love the find and plug them.

I can recommend trying out MPatrol, which not only replaces the traditional
C malloc/free style functions, but also C++  new/delete, and also overrides
core functions like memset, memcpy to protect & dectect invalid pointers
and buffer overflows in their use.

  http://www.cbmamiga.demon.co.uk/mpatrol/

If your application is multi-threaded its certainly a better bet than
Valgrind, since the latter doesn't allow concurrent execution of threads,
basically serializing the emulation in a single process.

Regards,
Dan.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk