[Gllug] Consultancy Question

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Aug 11 13:21:18 UTC 2005

I would ask for somewhere between 300 and 600 pounds per day,
depending on your experience and the length of the contract.

If you are relatively inexperienced at this then go for the lower end
of this range.  Longer contracts usually warrant some sort of discount
- for example for a programming contract that I did a few years ago I
got 250/day, but I worked on the contract for months on end so I was
happy to have steady paid work.  And it was in OCaml too :-)

Obviously people do ask for - and get - much more than this.  At one
dot-com company I worked for, we had someone "famous" for his
development on a certain high profile OSS project working for 750/day.
For months and months on end.  He was absolutely useless and a
complete c*** to work with too.

Rich.

PS. No pound sign on this keyboard - does anyone know how to enable it
in a UTF-8 mutt?

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk