[Gllug] Lilo/Grub

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 17:45:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 05:57:01PM +0100, Stephen Harker wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How do you make Debian run update-grub instead of lilo after installing
> a new kernel?
>
> On boxes that were installed with Sarge and grub, this works. However
> older dist-upgrades from Woody that had lilo still want to run lilo
> after installing a new kernel even if you've removed lilo and installed
> grub...
>
> Any thoughts. Can't find the config.

I'm not certain, but I think it checks for the presence of
/sbin/lilo and /etc/lilo.conf. Try renaming lilo.conf.

To be sure have a look at the post install scripts in the debian
kernel packages.

| A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
| Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk