[Gllug] OT: Merging UPS outputs

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed Aug 17 16:46:31 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 17 Aug 2005 14:25, Rich Walker wrote:
<SNIP>

> *Really* don't mess with it - AC is big and nasty - and unforgiving
> of those who *think* they know what they are doing :->

I used to work with 3-phase thyristor based stage lighting dimmer packs.
On one occasion, a technician who had never seen 3-phase before ran out
of patch sockets on a phase so ran an extension lead from one lighting
bar to another. Unfortunately, he discovered there was an earth fault
in the light he plugged in. Well, we told him the next day when he woke
up with a broken leg and some very painful burns.

Dylan

--
"The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out."
                                                (Chinese Proverb)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk