[Gllug] Advansys SCSI Host Adapter

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Sun Dec 4 10:30:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 08:01 +0000, David Reed wrote:

> Well, I could get a new Adaptec card, the 2904. for about 31 quid from
> Misco, but the Adaptec site says nothing about support for Linux at all.
> And if the Advansys driver is not supplied with 64 bit distros, wouldn't
> that be a bit of waste? In fact, I can't find much other then Adaptec
> cards, unless I take out another mortgage.

I also guess that finding the same connector on the card is important -
you don't want to buy a new cable also.

Being pragmatic, you would probably be cheaper ditching the scanner and
buying a new USB one. Depends though if you have a nice scanner which
you like working with.
And it seems sad to junk perfectly good working gear.

Quick google seems to indicate this card is supported under the
x86_64 BSD variants.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=adv&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD
+6.0-RELEASE

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk