[Gllug] OT: Hardware woes and give away

Sun Dec 25 11:26:51 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Well, I manage to destroy 2 computers yesterday :-( and so need some
help / give away.

1) One of my CPU in my dual Athlon box has gone - I managed to check
that all the components in there is all in working order, except that I
have got 1GB (4x256MB) Registered ECC PC2100 RAM that I haven't test. My
Tyan Tiger MP doesn't operate in Single CPU mode so can't test them.
Anyone got a RAM Tester or a box that can take them so that I can test
them out?

2) I have tried to get a updated bios for my PCChips M848A motherboard
to see whether one of my MP chips works in there. But the Bios update
failed :-( it hangs at the "Checking NVRAM..." in the BIOS -tried to
reset CMOS but it doesn't help. So now it is junk to me and anyone can
make use of a motherboard with a dead bios please let me know, I will
give the motherboard to you (rather than going to the bin!)

Thanks
Sunny

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk