[Gllug] OT: Hardware woes and give away

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Dec 27 07:12:49 UTC 2005

Sunny Chan wrote:
> 2) I have tried to get a updated bios for my PCChips M848A motherboard
> to see whether one of my MP chips works in there. But the Bios update
> failed :-( it hangs at the "Checking NVRAM..." in the BIOS -tried to
> reset CMOS but it doesn't help. So now it is junk to me and anyone can
> make use of a motherboard with a dead bios please let me know, I will
> give the motherboard to you (rather than going to the bin!)

I wouldn't chuck it yet - you can sometimes flash the BIOS in another
box, or failing that you ought to be able to get a replacement chip from
the manufacturer for £15 or so.

BIOS updates fail far too often for my liking ;(

Cheers,

Doug.

--
doug at pigeonhold.com - http://adju.st/
<njs> do people actually write SQL portably across multiple databases?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk