[Gllug] Issues with Hotplug && Auto-mounting

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 03:11:56 UTC 2005

Update:

I got their CD to play music. And DVD to play some film.
The webcam is working.
Sound seems permanently fixed.

The landlady has politely requested me to stop now - all she wanted
was just internet and email nothing more. She doesn't want the
students to have "too many" features - in case they get "too"
entertained.

Fair enough.

Then they asked me to look into their new Windows XP laptop. Suddenly
their internet connection kept dying. I just had to politely decline
the offer. It seems that with Linux you either resolve 100% or don't
resolve it all.  But with Windows you think you fixed something and
then you get a phone call "Hey it's doing it again!" .. "Hey what have
you done to my machine ?? Now this is not working. And That is not
working!" .. etc
It's funny how you get less phone calls with Linux after you're done -
very few. Shouldn't it be the other way round?

HG
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk