[Gllug] 17th December 2005 GLLUG Meeting Announcement

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Dec 12 16:46:23 UTC 2005

Hi all,

December 17th 2005 GLLUG (slightly late) Announcement

We are pleased to announce that the next GLLUG meeting will be held on
 December 17th between 13:30 and 17:30 at New Cavendish Street campus of
 Westminster University. This is located in the shadow of the BT Tower.

This is NOT the 10th December as promised on the http://www.gllug.ukfsn.org/
 website This IS the 17th December as promised on the
 http://www.gllug.org.uk/meeting-20051217.html

The nearest tube stations are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Goodge
 Street. Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus are also within easy walking
 distance. http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?postcode2map?W1W+6UW

This event is FREE to members and non-members.

Details for this meeting live at:
 http://www.gllug.org.uk/meeting-20051217.html

--------------------------
Speakers:
--------------------------
The theme for this meeting is "Linux at the movies".

We have two talks lined up for this meeting.

The first is by Robin Rowe. Robin is the founder of LinuxMovies.org (an
 association of motion picture technologists), the project manager of
 CinePaint, and was a columnist for Linux Journal. His talk is based on Linux
 and CinePaint and titled "OSS in Motion Pictures"

The second speaker is our own Jason Clifford. Founder of UKFSN.org (an ISP
 which dontates all its profits to the support of Free Software). The short
 talk is on making a home video using consumer kit on Linux (DV camcorder,
 firewire, kino, output to VCD/DVD).

After the talks we'll be heading over to the (5 minutes away) Green Man Pub
 for drinks and then off for food at a to be decided restaurant.

Thanks for this meeting go to:
* Sean Tohill for providing, and being very flexible with, the venue.
* The speakers for donating their time.
--
I didn't write the announcement - I am posting it as John had trouble
doing so. It contains a UKFSN advert because someone else wrote it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk