[Gllug] Advansys SCSI Host Adapter

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Mon Dec 5 09:57:57 UTC 2005

Jack Bertram wrote:
> High end SCSI scanners have always performed well.

I concur. I once was involved with a project for the Guinness Book of
Records.  The problem was to digitise every piece of correspondence in
their archive - some 45 large filing cabinets crammed with single and
multipage documents.

We solved the problem using a Ricoh scanner (I forget the exact model)
that had a 500 page input hopper and would scan a 300dpi page in under 2
seconds.

The guinness publishing team managed to wear out two scanners in under 6
months, I never did ask them if that itself was some kind of record. :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk