[Gllug] Recommended Books

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Dec 13 16:56:30 UTC 2005

Rich Walker wrote:
> Brooks, The Mythical Man Month.

Yes, and yet no.

This book (which, again, I own) will give you a peerless insight into
the perils of producing system's software.

I don't mean to belittle the work of GLUGGees and family, but this is
unlikely to be you.

At best, TMMM is outdated, referring to projects that, if you're my age,
started when you were at toddler school and were deemed redundant before
you were tapping '10 PRINT "Steve Nelson is ACE!!"' into the BBC micro
you used at school.

Suggest someone borrows a copy, sure, but don't inflict it on them as a
present.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk