[Gllug] Recommended Books

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Dec 14 15:34:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 10:04 +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> Quoting Joel Bernstein <joel at fysh.org>:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:16:42PM +0000, Rich Walker wrote:
> > > Secrets and Lies is like Alice in Wonderland for crypto people.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand that one. Can you explain? Who would Alice in
> > Wonderland be relevant to [ugh, to whom...]? Children?
>
> While talking about Alice: a good read is 'The Annotated Alice' by Martin
> Gardner.

Talking of which - I had my copy out only last night to check on the
exact text of "Father William".  We were looking at last year's King
William's College Quiz, published on 24th December in the Guardian.  If
they do the same this year it's well worth seeking out.  The questions
at first seem impossible, but they yield to a bit of concentration and
it's a great way of distracting people over the Christmas period.

You can pick up last year's on the Guardian web-site if you want a taste
of what it's like.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk