[Gllug] css question

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Wed Dec 14 23:56:31 UTC 2005

Matthew King wrote:
> Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> writes:
>
>>By the way, there is a web developer toolbar extension for Firefox
>>which does this and much much more.
>

> Speaking of extensions, I don't particularly like Firefox but I *do*
> like some of the extensions available for it (that's not to say I
> *dis*like it, just that I don't especially *like* it).
>
> Are they written in such a way that they could, in theory, be used in
> other mozilla-based browsers?
>
> Clearly some degree of hacking would be required first but would this be
> a particularly onerous degree?
>
> Matthew

I think that will depend on the author of the particular extension but
certainly some of them are written for Mozilla as well as Firefox and
from what I can gather there's not a huge fundamental difference in
writing extensions for either. I could be wrong on that last bit 'though.

The web developer toolbar is excellent (along with HTMLValidator it's in
constant use here) and is available for Firefox, Mozilla and Flock.
Authors homepage at http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/

cheers
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk