[Gllug] plug / unplug mice without restarting X

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Dec 10 19:48:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Robert Crowther moaned:
> Me too.  I think it's handled at a layer lower than X though - my laptop
> is mapped to /dev/input/mice in xorg.conf, which I assume is some sort
> of 'meta device'

It is the interface to the mouse side of the kernel input layer. It's a
bona fide device, corresponding to exactly one physical device, but which
physical device that *is* might change.

(This is not unusual: think USB, or anything else pluggable.)

--
`Don't confuse the shark with the remoras.' --- Rob Landley

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk