[Gllug] Systems Administrator post

Bruce Richardson brichardson at fotango.com
Fri Dec 9 02:12:29 UTC 2005

FOTANGO - Creative Solutions Group - A Canon Company

Position: Systems Administrator
Location: Ironmonger Row, London, EC1V
Type: Full Time, Ongoing
Salary: 28-35K

Fotango Ltd (http://www.fotango.com) is looking for a Systems
Administrator to join its Systems team.  The Systems team maintains
both office and production networks, which contain (many) Linux and (a
few) Windows hosts as well as IBM SAN kit, Bladecenters, Fibre Channel
kit, Gigabit and Wireless Ethernet, all of which form the infrastructure
on which several high-volume online applicatons are developed and
hosted.  We implement HA solutions wherever possible, observe
professional working practices (change control, separate development,
staging and live environments etc) and monitor our applications and
systems attentively.

The wide salary range offered reflects the fact that we are willing to
consider candidates with varied levels of experience and skill.
Candidates should have strong Linux knowledge, the ability to learn
quickly and at least one year's experience of using Linux in a
professional environment.  Candidates will also need the following:

Required:
        Professional Linux Sysadmin experience.
        Thorough knowledge of Linux internals.
        Apache maintenance and configuration skills.
        Strong diagnostic skills.
        Knowledge of system automation and scripting.
        Commitment to good working practices.

Desirable:
        Familiarity with Perl.
        Experience with Mysql, Postgresql or Ingres.
        Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Debian.

All candidates must be prepared to participate in our call rota.

--
Bruce Richardson

Systems Team Leader @ Fotango Ltd.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk