[Gllug] Tax returns on linux

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Feb 28 13:42:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Alain Williams wrote:

> One problem with this was the UK Government portal where you are able
> to submit tax forms online. AFIR you could only do so from a M$ machine
> since they used proprietary M$ protocols. I don't know if this is
> still the case.

PayThyme from Clockwork is payroll software which supposedly works with
the govt. gateway system for submitting returns.

> > > So, is anything happening on this front? Is it likely to happen? Is
> > > anyone interested in actually contributing to such a project?
>
> You would need to have an accountant on board as well as FLOSS people.

This is one of the things I've asked AFFS to consider as a good way to use
some of the money UKFSN raises. Writing software is a fairly trivial
matter - it's keeping the tax data up to date that requires regular
attention.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £21.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk