[Gllug] Tax returns on linux

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 09:13:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:45:43AM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Mon 28 Feb, NorthLondon John wrote:
> >
> > There have been a number of mentions about the lack of Free tax
> > software for the UK on this list (if memory serves me) and on some
> > other UK lists (AFFS, again if memory serves me).

One problem with this was the UK Government portal where you are able
to submit tax forms online. AFIR you could only do so from a M$ machine
since they used proprietary M$ protocols. I don't know if this is
still the case.

> > So, is anything happening on this front? Is it likely to happen? Is
> > anyone interested in actually contributing to such a project?

You would need to have an accountant on board as well as FLOSS people.

Are you thinking of Mr Ho - who has written Jalia (http://www.jalia.com/) ?

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256