[Gllug] Tax returns on linux

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 08:59:31 UTC 2005

On Mon 28 Feb, Peter Childs wrote:

>     Then how come, if we break them we get in trouble. If they are only
> guidelines it won't matter if we just happern to break or twist a few.

   The argument is that the rules can be very flexible, and guidelines can
be interpreted according to both past practice and present needs, with
suitable local arrangements. The PAYE system is not the only one in use, and
it can be cost effective to pay more for the services of an experienced
accountant who knows the precise limits of the legislation. (I was on PAYE
for many years, but there were a few local agreements relating to reasonable
fixed rate expenses because of the very real hidden costs associated with my
work).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk