[Gllug] Blackberry

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 13:23:55 UTC 2005

Browsing through a Misco catalogue whilst enjoying my delicious Brie and Tomato
Baguette I noticed a section (page 18) on the Blackberry Enterprise Server.
It gives the impression that you can only use a Blackberry with Microsoft
Exchange or Lotus Domino(Notes).  Untrue of course, but we found it very hard
to get definitive info out of either O2 or Vodafone as to how to use one of
these devices with our linux/unix-based mail system. When the device finally
arrived the printed instructions as to how to set up the email facility
were completely wrong - a telephone call to Vodafone tech support elicited
the correct info which was at complete variance to the booklet!

Makes you wonder if they have vested interest in (presumably) flogging some
extra software required to run on the Windows mail server??

Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk