[Gllug] Wanted - documention on MythTV

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Feb 5 21:13:13 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm still struggling to get MythTV up and running.  Thanks to assistance
from this list my TV card (Nebula DVB-T) is now installed and working
and I can watch a single channel at a time using dvbstream and mplayer.

However, my long term aim is to get MythTV to work as a PVR.
Unfortunately, the documentation for MythTV is very skimpy once you get
past the "Configure your TV card stage".  The next bit of the
configuration process is called "Video sources" which seems to be a bit
of a misnomer because AFAICS it actually involves setting up sources for
program listings.  The big problem is the documentation doesn't include
any kind of overview or definition of terms, with the result that you're
left with a lot of cryptic fields to fill in and no clue about what
they're expecting.  It also seems to try to invoke non-existent external
utilities (e.g. tv_grab_uk), and utilities which do exist but whose
configuration is again undocumented (e.g. tv_grab_uk_rt).

Does anyone know of a source of decent documentation for MythTV, or
alternatively of a different PVR package which actually has
documentation?

TIA,
John

--