[Gllug] skype

David Abbishaw David at Abbishaw.com
Thu Feb 3 22:37:11 UTC 2005

Total agree!!!   Stick with something that's SIP compatible and you wont go
wrong.  Or at least try Firefly & Aterisk as it works great, well only in
windows.

From: "Russell Howe" <rhowe at wiss.co.uk> on Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:02:49 +0000

Replying to my own post here, but a thought occured to me
>As for VoIP stuff... sure, skype works, but it's proprietary.

Skype is also done by the Kazaa people, ne?

Kazaa comes bundled with spyware/adware/assorted crap (or certainly used
to). Anyone who even considers bundling such malware with their software
earns themselves a big black mark in my book.

I'm not saying Skype ships with such stuff (I doubt it does), but that the
people who produce it have some serious ethical questions to answer.

--
Russ

****

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk