[Gllug] Sound generation to be played by a browser

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 12:00:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

I want to dynamically generate sounds that can be played by a web browser,
this is so that I can hold my phone next to the speaker, click on a phone number
& generate the dial tones. This already works on the local machine (ie write to
/dev/dsp).

To work via a web browser I should probably generate a mpeg.

Questions:

1) Should I use some other format than mpeg, ie is something else better
   supported by more browsers ?

2) Any suggestions on the best (small/simple) library to generate the format
   in (1) ?

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>