[Gllug] Installing grub from a recovery CD

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Feb 23 21:52:52 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've installed Sarge on a box, followed by XP (in a partition reserved
previously).  The XP installation has overwritten Grub's component in
the MBR with the DOS boot loader, so I need to re-install Grub's bit,
having booted from a CD.

This is easy using lilo - just mount the partitions and do a "lilo -r",
and I presume it must be possible with grub too but I can't find any
clues in the grub documentation.  Can anyone give me a pointer please?

TIA,
John

--
John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk>