[Gllug] spam harvesting

Craig Millar craig at pablo.xplode.org
Wed Feb 23 22:17:04 UTC 2005

Fiddling with spamassassin and qmail (no anti djb zealots please! ;) )
on a testing server and i was wondering, what is the quickest and
easiest way to harvest spam for a predefined alias I have set up? I
figured completing a few "opt-out" forms from genuine spammers and my
inbox would be flooded, but upsettingly I am being completely blanked by
these fiends of the interweb. Sure I could spend my time posting to
usenet and the likes but surely there is an easier way to attract
attention to myself?

Also, I've also looked at spamarchive.org for learning fodder but that
got me wondering - what is there to stop spammers uploading to such a
portal to multiply false positives and send sysadmins back to square 1?

thx/rgds
Craig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk