[Gllug] ADSL problem

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 23:49:42 UTC 2005

On Sun 27 Feb, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:

> Could be my answer machine broke around the time I got ADSL. It +is+
> cheap.
>
> I might also add that my phone, about once or twice a day, does a kind
> of whimper, like it's about to ring, then shuts up again. Oh - the phone
> is cheap too!

   The ADSL carrier frequencies should be outside the normal telephone
frequency band, but can be well within the range of frequencies which are
amplified by modern phones. The actual effect will vary with the phone
unless a filter is fitted to block the high frequencies, regardless of the
purchase price of the phone.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk