[Gllug] Two Questions

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Feb 8 23:24:01 UTC 2005

Peter Childs wrote:

> 2. Which is better 15" TFT Flat Screen or a 17" CRT Moniter, In terms
> of energy usage, heat production, desk usage and cost, and anything
> else people can come up with....

I'm a recent convert to TFT screens and I cannot think of a scenario
outside of serious DTP/graphics work where I'd now choose a CRT.

If nothing else, getting back my desk real estate was worth it.  You can
now pick up decent 17" TFT screens for under 200gbp, a friend of mine is
impressed with his BenQ 17" which was about 160gbp.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk