[Gllug] Two Questions

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 23:38:26 UTC 2005

Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Peter Childs wrote:
>
>> 2. Which is better 15" TFT Flat Screen or a 17" CRT Moniter, In terms
>> of energy usage, heat production, desk usage and cost, and anything
>> else people can come up with....
>

> I'm a recent convert to TFT screens and I cannot think of a scenario
> outside of serious DTP/graphics work where I'd now choose a CRT.
>
> If nothing else, getting back my desk real estate was worth it.  You
> can now pick up decent 17" TFT screens for under 200gbp, a friend of
> mine is impressed with his BenQ 17" which was about 160gbp.

    Oh yes the other thing I was intrested in was its a TFT better for
you eyes or not?

    As far as I can see it as a TFT uses less power that a CRT If I have
a CRT and a TFT running 24x7 for 1 year which is cheaper including
innitial cost ....

    I have a load of Computers that freeze due to bad ventilation (if
somone closes the window they freeze...) I am wondering if flat screens
would save the problem and not cost any more in the long run.

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk