[Gllug] samba meets win 2003

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Fri Feb 18 08:37:40 UTC 2005

Richard Huxton wrote:
> Sean Burlington wrote:
>>
>> I am running smbfs 3+ (debian sarge) so I think this should work
>>
>> There are no messages in any logs that seem at all relevant.
>

> This message seems similar:
>  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-April/084126.html
>
> The cifs site is at:
>  http://linux-cifs.samba.org/
>
> It looks like it should be included in kernel 2.6 (if I'm reading their
> site correctly).

I thought so and upgraded but it still doesn't work

Linux webdev2 2.6.8-2-686 #1 Mon Jan 24 03:58:38 EST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

It could be that the windows server is not configured properly - but I'd
need some evidence of this to get it changed...

I think it's more likely that I'm missing something.

One problem is that google throws up a lot of outdated info on this :(

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk