[Gllug] Linux and COM

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Feb 11 11:04:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:52:28AM +0000, Tom wrote:
> Why doesn't Linux have COM? What sort of alternatives are there?
> COM seems one of the really convenient, accessible aspects of Windows.

DCOM is being ported to Linux.  If you're happy with an equivalent
technology, CORBA is already here.  CORBA is generally considered a
superior technology, except by those who think both are bloated wastes
of time.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"