[Gllug] What's that network congestion setting called?

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Feb 9 08:42:50 UTC 2005

> PS I don't actually know if a Cisco switch would autonegotiate correctly
> with Linux. Our network admins always disable autonegotiation on them
> because they fail to do it properly with a number of other platforms, so
> I've never been able to check. I expect other network admins routinely
> do the same thing.
I agree - well known problems with Cisco switches.

In the past when working with them on clusters I've had all sorts of
shenanigans with autonegotiation.
Donald Becker doesn't mince his words on this one, but I can't
get Google to find a good quote.
By way of consolation, this looks a good article.
And BTW, if you have driver problems, always wise to go to the horse's
mouth.

http://www.scyld.com/NWay.html

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk