[Gllug] What's that network congestion setting called?

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Feb 9 10:00:55 UTC 2005

Ian Northeast writes:

>PS I don't actually know if a Cisco switch would autonegotiate correctly
>with Linux.

As far as I can tell, Cisco switches are incapabale of autonegotiating
correctly with *anything*. Cisco advise always using autonegotiation.
Strange, then, that they seem incapable of shipping a product where
that actually works. We hardwire speed and duplex on all of our ports,
simply because using autonegotiation causes more problems that it solves,
at least with Cisco equipment.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk