[Gllug] What's that network congestion setting called?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Feb 8 10:22:10 UTC 2005

John Winters wrote:
> SiS900.  However, I'm pretty confident that it isn't a hardware issue on
> the Linux box because the problem manifests itself *only* when web
> browsing from said box.  It functions perfectly happily as a file and web
> server giving excellent performance.

DNS issues can sometimes show this kind of behaviour, since you only do
dns lookups when running as a client, generally.  Could be worth
checking you aren't querying non-existent NIS servers or something like
that...

Cheers,

Doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk