[Gllug] ADSL problem

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 22:18:32 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 10:04:47PM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Sun 27 Feb, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:

>    The problem you see is the ADSL carrier getting into the phone, which is
> what the filter should prevent. I suspect that your microfilter may have a
> tap connected to the third wire, the ringer connection.

so are you suggesting I can fix this with a screwdriver and a soldering
iron? the adapter is of the "plug-in" type.

>    The replacement faceplate effectively transfers much of the original line
> termination to the local side of a high quality balanced multi-stage filter.
>    Any local extensions connected to the underside of the original faceplate
> can be transferred to the corresponding connections of the replacement, and
> you will still have the phone connector on the front.

Damn. The second time (out of three) I thought I understood that, but
crashed and burned at the end :(

At present I only have the original BT socket plus a plug-in microfilter.
I simply had the line enabled and bought the modem, plugged it all in and
started surfing over broadband (though my girlfriend was happy with faster
web access the moment was dented when her friends couldn't leave messages!).

Ben
connect

> --
> Chris Bell