[Gllug] GLLUG meetings

andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Thu Feb 17 13:01:37 UTC 2005

Bruce Richardson wrote:

> I suppose there is nothing to stop us separating the installfest side
> from the talks.  Or from having weekday evening talks some times and
> weekend talks at others.

I think that is a good idea.    I find that both Sat and weekdays are
sometimes fine and sometimes booked up. So the more different times you
try the better

Have you thought of Sundays  - I tend to be less booked up on Sun
afternoon than Sat pm  and am usually free on Sun evening for a drink.

I would also like it if the meetings are announced longer in advance -
though I realise this is more work for the volunteer organisers.  Or
follow a set pattern.  I find it helpful that LONDON.PM is always on a
Thursday (I find it less helpful that they have a weird algorithm but
that is another story!). I put this in my diary and have been known to
turn other engagements down so I can go to it.

Have you thought of Fridays - that is my best day because everyone
assumes everyone else is out drinking /slouching in front of TV or
whatever.  So I rarely have engagements that I can't miss on Fridays.

Bank holiday-  that would be fine by me, in fact less likely to have
other things clashing

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk