[Gllug] Serverside Word editing

Luke Hopkins (Broadbean) luke at broadbean.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 13:04:57 UTC 2005

Afternoon all,
We have a requirement to edit Word documents through a browser.
One option I've considered is to convert incoming .docs to HTML, use one
of the many WYSIWYG editors to make the change, then convert back;
however I'm wondering if theres anything available that will work
directly on the Word doc. Is it possible to interface to OO through a
browser?
The editing will generally be limited to removal of a few lines.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated (avoiding Word documents is not
an option).

Thanks
Luke

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk