[Gllug] skype

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Feb 2 13:32:55 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Robert P. McKenzie wrote:

> There's no reason you have to external devices, I use softphones
> (currently) with my asterisk server.  Anywhere I can get open wifi
> access I can fire up the softphone client (FireFly) and I'm on the PBX
> ready to make and receive calls.

You got me interested there for a second.  Being on a Linux mailing
list, I expected the softphone you mentioned to also be Linux, and news
of a decent Linux softphone would be good.  Sadly not :(

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics
with bloodshed.

- Mao Tse-tung