[Gllug] Anyone know anything about hardware ?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 00:27:15 UTC 2005

On Monday 24 Jan 2005 16:55, Wiehe, Simon wrote:

> It's a Fujitsu MPG3204AT 20 Gb IDE drive.

I should have read further down the list before replying!  Fujitsu/Siemens (in
my experience) were very good about supplying the relevant logic card for my
damaged drives  Give them a try.

I can't actually see that the controller card would actually store anything
about the drive itself, apart from its basic geometry.  Any further details
(bad blocks, and so on) would be stored on a track on the disk itself.

Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk